Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Jeremy Pomerantz: Making new friends through TennisCleveland.com



 We checked in with Jeremy Pomerantz from TennisCleveland.com

Tell us a little bit about yourself, for example: What do you do? Where did you grow up? What are your hobbies (besides tennis)? (Feel free to share any interesting details about your life.)
I am from Long Island, New York originally.  I moved out to Cleveland to attend Case Western Reserve University.  I stayed around after graduating and really love Cleveland and what is has to offer.  Besides tennis, I enjoy working out at CrossFit CLE, climbing at Cleveland Rock Gym, and enjoying Cleveland's neighborhoods!
  Which league are you a member of?
Elite and Advanced League of TennisCleveland.


How long have you participated in your league?
Since Spring 2016

How did you first learn about it?
Googled for tennis leagues in Cleveland

How often do you play?
Try to get in 1-2 matches per week.  Availability waivers though!  So I play more when I have more time.

What do you like most about the league?
I think the competition is great.  Most players are respectful, flexible, and fun to play against.

Tell us about your most memorable match(es)
I had a pretty epic match against Paolo Argentieri.  We have similar games, so we have very close matches and points.  Our match turned into a really tight three-set slog in hot and tiring conditions.  That was my type of competitive and fun match.

Who are your favorite rivals in the league? Why?
My favorite player to play against is Louis Burnoski.  He has an unusual game that is really fun to play against.  I have been doing better and better against him.  One day I hope to actually win a match!

Do you have any other interesting comments about your experiences with the league?
It's just been a very flexible and fun league!  It's been around 8 years since I was playing tennis regularly, so it's been an enjoyable and competitive way to get back into it.

How did you get started playing tennis?
My mom taught me and then took lessons growing up before blossoming into a slightly above-average high school player!

What level player are you? (NTRP rating)
4.0

What do you love about tennis?
The mental struggle.  I struggle with the inner game of tennis, but have learned to appreciate this inner game and to embrace this challenge.  

No comments: