Thursday, October 1, 2026

JaihLen Teague - He has played 3 matches in a day.

We caught up with JaihLen Teague who in his very first season has already played 29 matches and will earn himself a future free season.

Which league are you a member of?

Tennis Cincy

How long have you participated in your league?

This is my first time in league 

Who are your favorite rivals in the league? Why?

My favorite rival is the GOAT, Brent Yancey. He’s won multiple championships and player of the year. We played one match and I lost. 6/3, 1/6, 4/6. He’s won played over 700 matches and won over 500. He also typically plays majority Super Tiebreaks for third sets and I was one of a small number he honored a full third set. He’s a 3.7 rating and I pushed myself to my skill limits in a two hour thriller, trading games back and forth.

How did you first learn about it?

I was referred by a friend after having trouble finding new people to play 

How often do you play?

I play as often as my / opponents availability to allow. Twice I did 3 matches in a day (once in league) 

What do you like most about the league?

I like most about the league that I have access to tennis players like myself, anxious to play & it’s easy to schedule matches 

Tell us about your most memorable match(es)

My most memorable match was my first match against Jean Pierre. I retired the league after my first week due to dehydration and he’s my friend that referred me/ the guy I played most in summer outside of the league. He got me to come out and play after my longest tennis break, 15 days no play. I lost but that match got me back on the court and competing harder than ever. 

Do you have any other interesting comments about your experiences with the league?

I have no interesting comments -

How did you get started playing tennis?

I started watching tennis in 2023, I watched Novak Djokovic and been glued in since. I thought I was too old to play and wouldn’t be able to move on the court as I’ve never played the sport. April 16, 2026 my freedom in the mornings were too free! So I started playing tennis and played over 60 matches I scheduled on my own. Now within a month of the league, I’ve played the most matches in any division, near 30 matches.

Do you play to compete, or for fun?

I play to compete but I always make sure I’m having fun doing it. It’s just a game that I enjoy. Winning is fun, but competing and being the best out of your opponents is the ultimate superior feeling.

What level of player are you? (NTRP rating or TLN Rating)

I’m rated 3.0 in our league

What do you love about tennis?  

What I love about tennis is that it’s one on one. Me vs you. There’s no lifelines or support, just your skills and determination to win the match.

Who are your favorite pro players? Why?

My favorite pro players are Novak Djokovic, Ben Shelton, Aryna Sabalenka, and Coco Gauff. Novak’s game is beautiful all around! Ben & Aryna bring the power, as Coco is gritty as a returner on defense! 

What do you do? Where did you grow up? What are your hobbies (besides tennis)?

About myself, I grew up in the Middletown/ cincinnati area, graduating from Middletown HS in 2011. Outside of tennis I’m a huge sports guy. My main sport is basketball but I hung up my gym sneakers. I’d say my hobby is listening to music and hanging out with friends. I enjoy my home the most and being alone. Similar to a tennis match! 

  

No comments: